MI cables offer intrinsic advantages in harsh environments. THERMOCOAX offers specific cabling systems constructed to suit your particular application for in-core or ex-core sensors whatever reactor type. Enhanced mechanical & electrical performance compared to conventional soft cables or other MI cables.
ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) implementation.
Cabling systems with low total cost of ownership:
- Designed & manufactured for life time of NPP
- Highly stable performance over time
- Data transmission cabling systems
- Qualified connectors for severe accident lines
- Organic material sheathed MI cable
TRANSMISSION CABLING SYSTEMS :
- MI cables for Power, instrumentation & control solutions in high radiation and/or high temperature environments.
- Low capacitance signal transmission cabling systems
- High frequency signal transmission cabling systems
- Single or multiconductor transmission cabling systems
- Cabling systems made of specific material for outer and internal sheath, conductors and mineral insulation (MgO, Al2O3, SiO2, Hafnium...)
- High precision construction for the entire length
- Twisted conductors, if required
- Raw material selection with very low cobalt content to prevent long half-life activity
- Very high insulation resistance up to
- 1E13 Ohms.m @ room temperature
1E8 Ohms.m @ 500°C
Outer dimensions from 15.9 mm (0.625’’) down to 0.25 mm (0.010’’)
- Proprietary manufacturing process resulting in unique electrical properties
- Cost effective solution for plastic-insulated cable replacement
- Wide range of configuration
Cabling system connectors for low radiation environments up to severe accident conditions
Connectors capable of ensuring long term tightness. For power, instrumentation & control solutions in high radiation and/or high temperature environments.
Different solutions available: cabling system connectors designed dependent on normal operating conditions and accident condition severity. Can withstand the radiation, pressure and temperature of a design basis accident. Some designs exclude organic compound material.
- State of the art ceramic seals. Qualified resin compound if permitted. LOCA & Post LOCA resistant, severe accident resistant
- Small dimension, single or multiple contacts
- Contact pins in nickel or thermocouple material
Plastic coated MI cabling systems
MI Cable with extruded plastic sheath layer
All advantages of MI cable robustness
Color coded to facilitate routing
Radiation qualified organic material.
- Plastic extrusion on the metallic outer sheath
- No electrical contact to prevent coupling in cable tray, for example
- Allows installation using different colors for different cables